Procedure for Terminating General Membership/Redeeming Bond
To obtain your refund, all termination paperwork must be postmarked by March 31st. After that time a minimum of a $100 penalty is applied.
- The bond must be surrendered to the Membership Chairperson (address below) with a letter requesting that membership be terminated. BOTH owners of the bond must sign and date the letter and the back of the bond.
- In the event that you are unable to locate the bond that was issued to you when you joined, click here for the affidavit form which will replace the original bond.
- If the bond is under joint ownership BOTH parties must complete their section of the affidavit, with signatures, and then have the form notarized.
- Once this is completed, send to the Membership Chairperson with a letter stating that you wish to redeem your bond. Both owners of the bond must sign the form.
- Do not forget to include an address to where the refund check is to be sent.
Please be aware:
- Refunds are processed in the order in which they are received.
- Your refund will not be placed for processing until all required paperwork is received.
- A refund cannot be issued until a new member purchases your bond, and for this reason, we cannot guarantee how long the process will take. The refund amount will depend on when in the season your bond resells.
Please contact the Membership Chairperson at email@example.com with questions or to check on the status of your refund.
All paperwork should be mailed to:
Community Swim Club
PO Box 11485
Pittsburgh, PA 15238